Ready to Find Your Next Star Performer?
Assyria’s King Failed to Develop Other Leaders and Paid for It
Nahum (3:18, 19)
Through Nahum, God offers some insight as to why Nineveh failed so deeply. The prophet declared, “Your shepherds slumber, O king of Assyria; your nobles rest in the dust. Your people are scattered on the mountains, and no one gathers them” (Nah. 3:18).
Since the king had failed to empower other leaders, his people lay scattered like sheep without a shepherd.
When we fail to develop other leaders, our leadership is limited to:
• Whatever leadership abilities we can offer
• The generation we live in
• The finite volume of gifts we possess
• The boundaries of our own wisdom
• The scope of our own influence
Because the King of Assyria had failed to develop other leaders, he had no way to change what was happening to the people of Nineveh. The population had grown too large for one man to perform a turnaround; one leader could not prevent the calamity the city had earned.
Consider what happened when the king failed to practice the Law of Empowerment:
1. The local leaders grew blind and failed at their duties (v. 18).
2. The people had scattered and no one could organize them (v. 18).
3. The people had no relief or healing for their wounds (v. 19).
4. Everyone who heard of Nineveh’s chaos would clap their hands and cheer (v. 19).
If you need help finding your next STAR performer,
contact us and ask about our ONE YEAR GUARANTEE!