Ready to Find Your Next Star Performer?
Today you hear a lot about employee engagement. Senior executives have been concerned about this within their company for some time… and for good reason.
There are many descriptions of what employee engagement is and what an engaged employee looks like. In recent newsletters, we have discussed these areas. If you missed these articles, contact us and we will send them to you right away.
An engaged employee is:
• Willing to put in the extra effort
• Have high levels of loyalty
• Have an emotional bond to the company
• Promote the company as “the employer of choice”
• Strive to inspire peers
Are your employees engaged?
According to a Gallup Study and a recent report from SHRM, on average, employees were only moderately engage. In addition, employee engagement levels have been consistent for the past several of years.
Average levels of engagement:
• 29% actively engaged
• 55% non-engaged
• 16% actively disengaged
What does this mean to businesses?
• Lost productivity costs businesses $350 billion per year (Gallup)
• Companies with highly engaged employees were 200% more profitable (Watson Wyatt Worldwide)
• One disengaged employee can bring down performance by 30%-40%. (Felps, Mitchell & Byington)
Business performance suffers greatly due to disengaged employees.
Mission, Vision, & Values must be congruent and understood by all employees in order to increase employee engagement. Connect each employee with the overall strategy & success of the organization. Help everyone understand the “big picture” and how they contribute to this overall strategy. Reward engagement consistently based on each individual’s values, motivators, EQ, & behaviors. Always be on the lookout for disengaged employees and take action quickly.
Engagement is the key to organizational success!
If you need help finding your next STAR performer,
contact us and ask about our ONE YEAR GUARANTEE!