$100,000 – $130,000 / yr
Apply your unique blend of horticulture and business skills in this dynamic, growing company as the new Director of Operations where every person, contribution and idea is valued. This incredible entrepreneurial company is looking for a talented, creative leader ready to dig in and grow this company with best practices.
Operations: Optimize and manage high-tech operations and your team.
- Create and lead with a data-driven growth strategy, systems and processes for operational efficiencies and expansion, KPI’s, best practices, and technology that energize and optimize operations, people, profitability, safety, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Create and execute strategic and tactical plans to meet or exceed aggressive goals for efficiency, labor costs, safety, reduced waste, profits, and customer satisfaction.
- Prepare accurate forecasts and meaningful reports with explanations and suggested corrective actions.
- Continuous improvement for schedules, labor, equipment, resources, assets, safety, processes and procedures to maximize efficient operations and eliminate any challenges.
- Contribute your expertise to sales/new business development as needed.
- Create an efficient, collaborative environment with prompt notification, investigation and resolution of challenges.
- Financial acumen for budgets, P&L, cost controls, equipment, materials, labor with explanations for variances and suggested corrective action.
- Manage, train and mentor to form high-performance, results-oriented employees focused on best practices, growth, profitability, safety, customer satisfaction and timely performance.
- Analyze, understand and stay ahead of the industry and competitors
- Communicate and collaborate with senior management and other departments.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ successful experience managing and growing a horticulture operation with a track record of success in increasing revenue and profitability through effective operations and leadership.
- A degree from a four-year university in a related field is preferred.