Location: Hazelton, PA
Salary: $120K – $150K
Apply Directly Here
We are seeking an experienced, hands-on Controller to join our growing organization. The successful candidate will provide leadership and direction across the finance and accounting functions and must be willing to roll their sleeves up and dive in as needed. This position reports directly to the CEO and requires proficiency in accounting and finance.
- Manage all accounting to increase revenue and profitability and optimize decision making.
- Internal financial leadership for efficiencies, asset protection, cost controls, cash flow and timing, tax planning, budget and budget variances with corrective action, forecasts, meaningful reports, audits, and ROI.
- Improve internal accounting management, KPIs, processes, procedures, tracking, meticulously analyze financial data.
- Provide financial insights and recommendations to optimize revenue growth and profitability.
- Manage all aspects of administration and accounting including payables, receivables, purchasing, estimating, and payroll.
- Optimize expenditures, inventory, and service contracts on equipment.
- Analyze contracts and projects for accurate accounting, insurance, and bonding.
- External financial leadership with banks, insurers, IRS, legal, the Department of Labor and other regulatory compliance ensuring timely and accurate filings.
- Effective use and optimization of all resources, assets and technology including financial software.
Leadership and Development:
- Foster a collaborative and high-performing work environment and teams that encourages innovation, accountability, and professional growth.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure accurate and timely financial information, resolve discrepancies, and support business objectives.
- Gain the trust of the employees at all levels of the organization, address complaints, and resolve conflicts appropriately
- Manage employees including planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees.
- Minimum 5 years successful Controller experience with proven track record of increasing revenue and profitability by managing all financial aspects with strong leadership and proactive decision-making skills to be a member of the executive team. In depth knowledge of accounting principles, financial analysis, budgeting, and cash flow management as well as managing a team. Experience in landscape or construction industry along with a four-year degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field and financial certification preferred.