Senior Design Engineer - Precast Construction
As a Senior Design Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of innovative precast construction projects. If you are an Engineer with a passion for Precast Engineering Design who produces high-quality engineering designs, has a passion for innovation, and a desire to make a significant impact in precast construction, this progressive company would like to meet you.
- Create precast engineering designs by interpreting structural and architectural drawings to produce high-quality projects, constructible from the design, that include concrete precast pieces and connections, ensuring structural integrity and compliance with specifications.
- Continuous improvement of design, quality, processes, systems, equipment, and software.
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects at varying stages of design to completion, with the flexibility to quickly respond to any issues and questions that arise on any of the projects from any person, internal or external.
- Perform various engineering checks during each phase to ensure adherence to design and detailing standards.
- Manage and ensure accurate material counts and schedules.
- Design concrete repairs for remedial action when required.
- Communicate and collaborate regularly with external engineers, architects, and contractors, particularly as the design evolves from concept to drawings, and participate in project coordination meetings.
- Participate and lead internal project meetings and have continuous communication and collaboration with the internal team, responding with information and resolutions to questions/issues including modelers, production staff, field crews, and the sales department.
- Conduct project site visits with the ability to ensure the project is being properly constructed as designed.
- Train and mentor project engineers.
- Demonstrate key values including Accountability, Team Player, Attention to High Quality and Detail, Expertise and Excellence in Design, Engineering and Construction.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 5 years+ experience in Structural Design preferably in the Precast Prestressed Concrete Field or related and a degree in Civil, Mechanical, or Structural Engineering preferred
- Registered PE in California preferred or ability and willingness to obtain.
- Experience in Engineering and Design Software.