Director of Operations
Our client, a dynamic and rapidly expanding company in the restoration industry, is seeking an experienced Director of Operations to join their Leadership Team and play a pivotal role in driving their organization’s growth. Reporting directly to the President, you will be responsible for developing and executing the operational strategy. Your primary focus will be on leading and managing the operations team, ensuring their professional growth and success. This is a full-time position that requires a strong background in operational management within the restoration and/or construction industry.
What You Possess:
- Dedicated to making a positive impact in the restoration industry.
- A seasoned leader with expertise in operational management and team development.
- Possess exceptional communication skills and integrity, enabling you to build strong relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Skilled in optimizing operational processes, problem-solving, and driving efficiency.
- A data-driven decision-maker, utilizing metrics and insights for continuous improvement.
- Thrive in fast-paced environments, be results-oriented, and prioritize stakeholder satisfaction.
- Excellent time management and technology skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Committed to continuous learning and personal development.
- Embrace growth and understand the value of learning from both successes and failures.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and execute the operational strategy, considering both short-term and long-term goals.
- Collaborate closely with leaders from various departments to shape the overall organizational strategy.
- Lead, manage, and develop the operations team, fostering a culture of excellence and collaboration.
- Conduct regular team meetings and individual check-ins to empower team members and ensure exceptional outcomes.
- Provide professional development and supervisory support to managers and technicians.
- Utilize data, insights, and industry best practices to drive informed decision-making and continuous improvement.
- Manage the department’s budget and costs effectively, exceeding company targets for customer satisfaction, COGS, cash flow, and Direct Labor cost performance.
- Establish strong relationships with subcontractors and suppliers, ensuring high-performance levels.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations governing work performed and the handling of hazardous waste.
- Make strategic decisions on capital expenditure to support growth and maintain high standards for technology, equipment, and fleet.
- Foster productive relationships with other local restoration companies for mutual support during peak periods.
- Stay updated on industry developments by attending trade shows and relevant events.
- Collaborate closely with the People Operations team to attract, recruit, hire, and retain top talent.
- A minimum of ten years of professional experience, including at least six years in a leadership role managing operations in a service-based environment.
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency in productivity and business software systems, as well as job management platforms such as Google Workspace and CRM software like HubSpot.
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional strategic problem-solving skills. You take ownership, proactively address challenges, and approach tasks thoughtfully.
- Willingness to participate in the emergency response program and be available when our clients require our services.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in all situations, with the ability to effectively engage with stakeholders. A skilled presenter in both in-person and virtual settings.
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License.
Nice to Haves
- An MBA and/or a degree in business, communication, or strategy would be advantageous, but not mandatory.
- Preferred experience in the facility services, commercial services, or restoration industries.
- Familiarity with the EOS business operating system is beneficial.
- Bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish is highly desirable.