Location: Richmond, VA
APPLY DIRECTLY HERE
Are you an incredible leader who can take a best-in-class company to new heights in commercial landscape management, Bid/Build construction projects, enhancement services, and snow and ice management? Do you enjoy taking ownership and implementing your strategy and plan by energizing your TEAM to achieve aggressive profitability and growth? As VP of Operations, you will bring your skills, creativity, expertise, and business and financial acumen to grow this customer and quality-centric commercial landscape company located in Central Virginia.
Operations: Your commercial landscape management, construction project, and snow removal experience will ensure profitability and growth.
- Set strategic and tactical plans and then energize people and projects to ensure work is within contract scope, schedule and budget as well as achieving KPI’s, profitability, customer satisfaction, and high quality.
- Proficient knowledge of landscape maintenance, construction/enhancement projects, and snow removal with the ability to train for excellence and best practices.
- Regular visits to job sites to meet with customers, optimize jobs and provide a quick resolution to problems.
- Continually improve in accord with key performance metrics company offerings, operations, crews, schedules, equipment, and projects to maximize revenue and profitability while ensuring overall quality, customer satisfaction, and retention.
- Prompt investigation and resolution of all complaints and emergencies.
Business Development: Assist in developing profitable new businesses in landscape maintenance, construction/enhancements, and snow removal.
- Ensure accurate estimates, successful client presentations, and profitable contracts.
- Improve and maintain relationships with key accounts.
- Research, analyze, and stay ahead of the market, customers, industry, and competitors with early identification and recommended plans of action for customer needs, trends, new service/product offerings, and challenges.
Leadership: Hire, train, retain and mentor to form high-performing, high-morale, result-oriented teams with an ownership mentality focused on high-quality landscape maintenance, construction projects/enhancements, safety, productivity, profitability, growth, and customer satisfaction.
- Communicate and collaborate with senior management and other departments.
Financial: Strong financial acumen to manage all financial aspects including P&L, budgets, reports, schedules, material, labor, administration, purchasing, equipment, tracking performance, and implementing corrective action to increase revenue, growth, and profitability.
Operational Development: Seeking a candidate with a proven track record in Organizational Development either working in an EOS environment or developing an OD model that includes:
- Ongoing service delivery improvement.
- Better or increased.
- Employee development and documented training processes.
- System & Process Documentation.
- A minimum of five (5) years of successful experience as a senior executive for landscape maintenance, construction projects/enhancements, and snow removal or related experience, with proven results and best practices for improving profitability, efficiency, revenue, growth, business development, customer retention, personnel, along with technical and practical knowledge.
- A four-year degree in Landscape or related field preferred.
- Proven track record of achieving and exceeding established business KPI’s and goals, executing plans, creating a thriving ownership mentality culture, making continuous improvements, strong financial and business acumen.
- A proven track record of commercial landscape maintenance, construction projects/enhancements, and snow removal within contract scope, schedule, and budget, safely, profitably and to the satisfaction of the client.