Ready to be the Next Star Performer?
General Manager/President – Commercial Maintenance
Salary $120,000 – $150,000 / YR
Do you enjoy taking ownership and leadership – implementing your strategy and plan by energizing your team to achieve profitability and growth? As General Manager/President, you will bring your leadership, creativity, landscape expertise and business acumen and take the helm to optimize and grow this high-quality commercial landscape company.
Operations: Your commercial landscape design and care experience and knowledge will ensure significant profitability and growth.
- Set strategic and tactical plans and then energize people and projects to ensure work is according to contract scope, within budget, on time, profitably, according to high standards and to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Proficient knowledge and applied expertise of interior and exterior commercial landscape design, maintenance, and holiday environments with ability to roll up sleeves to work and train when necessary.
- Regular visits to jobsites to meet with customers, optimize jobs and provide quick resolution to problems.
- Create and implement best practices effectively using technology, labor, fleet, and equipment with key performance metrics.
- Continually improve company offerings, operations, crews, schedules, equipment, and projects to maximize revenue and profitability while ensuring overall quality, customer satisfaction and retention.
- Ensure organized, clean, safe, and efficient work environments and well-maintained equipment, vehicles, and tools.
- Prompt investigation and resolution of all complaints and emergencies.
Business Development: Optimize profitability and revenue with new business development, customer satisfaction and retention.
- Develop new business with accurate estimates and proposals and profitable contracts.
- Ensure highest customer retention and satisfaction through improved relationships, great communication, quality control site visits, and prompt resolution to complaints in a professional manner.
- Research, analyze and stay ahead of the market, customers, industry and competitors with early identification and recommended plans of action for customer needs, trends, new service/product offerings, and challenges.
Leadership Hire, train, retain and mentor to form high performing, high morale, result-oriented teams with ownership mentality focused on high quality commercial landscapes design, maintenance and holiday environments, safety, productivity, profitability, growth, and customer satisfaction.
- Mentor each person to maximize their contribution, be a member of a high-performance team, be a thought leader and continuously improve projects and the work environment.
- Communicate and collaborate with senior management and other departments.
Financial: Manage all financial aspects including P&L, budgets, reports, schedules, material, labor, administration, purchasing, equipment, tracking performance and implementing corrective action to increase revenue, growth, and profitability.
- A minimum of five (5) years of successful experience as a General Manager/President for commercial landscape maintenance or related experience, with proven results and best practices for optimizing every aspect of profitability, efficiency, revenue, growth, business development, customer retention, employee leadership and retention along with technical and practical knowledge.
- A four-year degree in Landscape or related field preferred.
- Proven track record of achieving and exceeding established business goals, creating and executing plans, creating a thriving ownership mentality culture, improving processes, implementing KPI’s, problem solving, decision making and strong financial and business acumen.
- A proven track record of managing projects within contract scope, on time, within budget, safely, profitably and to the satisfaction of the client.